EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Biomedical Science (Hon) Wolverhampton University UK.
Subjects studied included: Clinical biochemistry, Microbiology, Haematology and blood transfusion, Graduate Skills, Medical genetics, Cellular pathology, Cell biology Clinical immunology and molecular biology,biology of disease,integrated physiology etc.
Access to higher Education South Birmingham Collage gained 23 level three credits of Math’s, biology, chemistry, physics and study skills.
Computer courses including Microsoft Office, Computer Maintenance (A+), and soft ware programs such as CNC at MBC Collage.
English course at Brass house Birmingham.
LANGUAGES,other than English,Arabic and Somali
2008-2011- Assistant advisor of community health promotion in Birmingham (Asunah education and recreation centre) I am still in my position.
AL-Rehab central laboratory in Cairo
I have experience in Clinical Biochemistry having worked in the capacity of Laboratory technician in various posts. Overseas summer jobs.
1. 13 months of working and training experience in biochemistry laboratory (12 weeks per year in summer vacations period from 2006 until 2009), involved with Pre-analytical tasks and analytical tasks such as Biochemistry tests (U&E, LFT, TSH, FSH,LH,PSA etc) using Roche Automated Modular.
2. HbA1c analysis using TOSOH G7 Analyser
3. Serum Protein Electrophoresis using Sebia Hydroasys
4. POCT (Gas analysers at the Hospital Wards)
5. Lithium Estimation on Roche 9180 Lithium Analyser
6. Osmolality Determination By Osmometer Model 3320
7. CSF Xanthochromia Routine Analysis on Spectrophotometer (Perkin Elmer).
At the present, Habiba Mahdi Ibrahim is an employee at The Children’s Hospital of Minnesota as a clinical laboratory scientist where she works as Generalist in all areas of the Lab such as blood bank, hematology, chemistry and microbiology. Habiba took most part of her high school in Pakistan, but moved to Minnesota before she finished. On her arrival to Minnesota, she went back to school, and she immediately graduated from Washburn High School. After high school, Habiba decided to pursue her dream. She attended to the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities where I studied double majors in Physiology and Medical Technology. In 2006 Habiba graduated with double major and obtained a Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology and Physiology. Right now, Habiba’s future goal is to get more knowledge in medical field.